| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Footprint for OV9782

allee.khaan , 07-18-2023, 03:58 PM
Hi,
I need help in creating a footprint for OV9782. Unfortunately, the datasheet is not publically available. I can only found attached picture regarding footprint on the datasheet. Can someone help me, how i can create footprint for it?
I never created BGA footprint before.
Thanks
Kabaleeswaran , 07-21-2023, 10:46 AM
Hi allee,

i am not familiar in Altium and i never see Die creation in Altium. if possible i will try to create die in allegro and you can convert the file. i need to know about your project. How the die will be inter connect to other section . r u using wire bond technology please check below image.
allee.khaan , 07-18-2023, 04:00 PM
@robertferanec
Kabaleeswaran , 07-18-2023, 11:19 PM
Hi allee,

can you let me know which tool using ? it is Die pad not an BGA ball size . Die pad size is 76um so it is 3mil pad.
allee.khaan , 07-19-2023, 12:03 AM
Hi @Kabaleeswaran
Thanks for your reply.
I am using Altium Designer but I also need it for Kicad.
Thanks
allee.khaan , 07-19-2023, 02:16 AM
This is image sensor that i need footprint. Now if i check datasheet then it says COB and no other package information available but if i look at it's picture then it seems BGA.

The OV9712/9211 datasheet clearly says it's BGA and they also provided BGA footprint information.
My 1st concern is that what type of Package this sensor associated. IF it is COB then any reference link for it to make in Altium
Thanks
allee.khaan , 07-19-2023, 02:25 AM
This is what i found in manual
qdrives , 07-19-2023, 03:39 PM
Did you tried to contact them?

Taken from the page you provided the link of:
"Connect With Us
Our teams are constantly working to exceed expectations with a collaborative focus on customer service and support. If you need more information, please contact the dedicated sales team in your region.​"
allee.khaan , 07-19-2023, 05:35 PM
I have been doing that since last week. They don't even acknowledge that i submit form for help or create ticket.
qdrives , 07-20-2023, 11:26 AM
How do you know that this sensor is what is best for you?
allee.khaan , 07-20-2023, 11:29 AM
Because we did research and found it meets all our requirements.
I need footprint help if someone on this forum can do.
That would be really great and helpful.
@robertferanec
qdrives , 07-20-2023, 11:33 AM
That same research should have details on the footprint.
Where do you buy it? Has you tried contacting the distributor?
allee.khaan , 07-20-2023, 01:31 PM
@qdrives
Thanks for all your help
Is there anyone else who can help me with this query plz?
Kabaleeswaran , 07-20-2023, 07:53 PM
Hi allee, i did not find BGA package. Cadence have option to create die and wizard . can you check those option available in Altium. better discuss with sale team to get the die information.
allee.khaan , 07-20-2023, 08:00 PM
Hi @Kabaleeswaran
Thanks for your reply.
I got datasheet through my resources as Omnivision aren't responding. They divert response to Digikey or Arrow and both have no stock for it. So they refused to provide further assistance.
In that datasheet, they provided COB footprint information. I attached some pictures above. Maybe it's bit confusing because i wasn't sure about the package.
Now I only need to know how to create COB package in Altium or Kicad.
I will look at your suggestions.
Thanks again for valuable information.
Cheers!
Kabaleeswaran , 07-21-2023, 10:46 AM
Hi allee,

i am not familiar in Altium and i never see Die creation in Altium. if possible i will try to create die in allegro and you can convert the file. i need to know about your project. How the die will be inter connect to other section . r u using wire bond technology please check below image.
allee.khaan , 07-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Hi @Kabaleeswaran
Thanks for your great help.
I talked with some Chinese supplier today. They can provide it in PLCC package. These supplier convert COB into PLCC.
Once again thanks for all your help.
I really appreciate it
qdrives , 07-21-2023, 01:42 PM
Do you know which pin does what?
Having a footprint is one thing, being able to connect it properly is another.
robertferanec , 07-23-2023, 04:55 PM
If you are designing a real product, don't use the chip. You will have problems in future.

If you can't get datasheet, if chip manufacturer doesn't response, if the components are not in Digkey stock ... each of these are big red flags telling you not to use this chip.

I highly recommend you to find a different solution.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?