| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

USB Hub and Buck Converter design help

colhany , 06-09-2023, 05:09 AM
Hello everyone
i want to design a USB Hub based on this IC
GL3523-OTY30 Genesys Logic US$2.0507 - QFN-76-EP(9x9) USB ICs ROHS datasheet, price, inventory C390630

I have two questions:
​​First, the IC has an internal 5V to 1.2V switching regulator, but the datasheet doesn't mention an inductor value or a switching frequency, how can I choose the output inductor and capacitor values without knowing the switching frequency?

Second, there isn't like a register map or anything for configuration using EEPROM, how can I configure the EEPROM I'll use with it? Is there like a standard that I should follow for all USB Hub ICs? Or is this data available only to companies, that's why I can't find it in the datasheet?

Thank you
qdrives , 06-09-2023, 05:11 PM
Did you also ask the manufacturer (Genesys)?
Comments:
colhany, 06-09-2023, 05:21 PM
I submitted a support inquiry a few days ago and they haven't replied so far.
robertferanec , 06-13-2023, 12:47 AM
If you need good documentation (or software support), I recommend to use a well known chip manufacturers. So I would recommend to use a different chip.

Otherwise you may have a lot of problems and you may spend a lot of time trying to figure out things by yourself (or in the worse case you may build a board which you will not be able to make work because of luck of documentation or supporting materials).

PS: If I would like to build more than a few prototypes I never use components what can't be supplied by Digikey, Mouser or Farnell.
colhany , 06-13-2023, 07:14 AM
Thank you Robert
I thought Genesis Logic is a well known manufacturer for USB Hub chips.
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?