| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Update xsignal connection?

tanbakoo , 08-06-2023, 12:59 PM
Hi, I am using xsignal in my altium pcb project . But when I change a connection in schematic enviroment (for example change connection of address 0 of ddr3 to another pin in the fpga) I can not find any solution to update xsignal and finally I was delet all xsignal of ddr3 amd generate new xsignal from wizard!!! It is a boring solution , os there any easy solution?
tanbakoo , 08-07-2023, 10:14 AM
There is no solution?
qdrives , 08-07-2023, 01:48 PM
Xsignal has been mentioned here already numerous times: https://designhelp.fedevel.com/searc...2xsignal%22%7D
tanbakoo , 08-07-2023, 02:07 PM
The answer to my question was not in any of the mentioned posts
robertferanec , 08-14-2023, 11:18 PM
I am not sure if there is a way to simply update xSignals
Paul van Avesaath , 08-15-2023, 07:45 AM
i have the same issue with my ddr4 so dimm routing.. contacted support, because that is what we pay for.. they said.. nah it works.. here is a 3 wire test pcb so you can see it update..
pfff well here is my design with 4 so dimms, so you can try it yourself.. what a bunch of crap.. cant wait forever on them..

so here is what i do.. route the signals as you like.. swap the io were needed then when you are sure about the pinning run the wizard..
also when you do the wizard over and over agian you wil have a bunch of issues with rules i noticed.

havent tryed it with 23.7 though..

good luck!
qdrives , 08-15-2023, 02:36 PM
@Paul van Avesaath Altium support in the Netherlands? I never had good experience with them either.
Paul van Avesaath , 08-15-2023, 03:27 PM
yes the netherlands... normally it is good enough for my needs though, but on this one they missed the end goal.. but then again you cannot expect a support guy to have access to large designs to test things out.. they are defenitly willing to try things.. ,but i cannot wait nor share my designs with them.. so in the end the work around is what i use..
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?