| FORUM

FEDEVEL
Platform forum

Questions for Advanced Hardware Design 1st Edition

gyuunyuu1989 , 10-02-2023, 03:30 PM
I am creating this thread to contain discussion for the "Advanced Hardware Design​" 1st Edition. This course has 10 lessons in total.

I can see that this course was created a very long time ago. This is probably the reason why a new version of this course is being created although it is not ready yet and only 2 lessons are ready so far.

In the first lesson Robert mentioned backing up the work possibly on the cloud. I wonder if Robert has used version control systems e.g Git or SVN. Being a hardware engineer (FPGA/ASICs) myself, I wonder what to extent can the Altium workflow be automated using scripts and command-line. So far there is no clear indication that Robert is going to cover the scripting aspect of the Altium designer. It is perhaps a far too advanced topic and not required for the essential things he is teaching. It could also make the course material less portable to other PCB CAD programs.
gyuunyuu1989 , 10-02-2023, 07:27 PM
Yes, it seems that this course is 10 years old. Robert is very different. The instruction is not as dense and as focused as the other course. In other words, Robert has a different style of delivery in this course. It is still good but it shows that Robert was not as experienced at doing this course delivery 10 years ago. I wonder why the version 2 of this course is not ready yet.

Does anyone know when all lessons of the " Advanced Hardware Design Second Edition" will be released?
Use our interactive Discord forum to reply or ask new questions.
Discord invite
Discord forum link (after invitation)

Didn't find what you were looking for?