NEW: Learn to Design Your Own Boards
Design a board in 15 hours. Based on Arduino project.
After this course, you will design your own Arduino like board. This course is for everyone who has never designed any board before and would like to try it.
During this course, you will use Arduino Uno reference schematic, you will learn how to modify it, how to improve it and how to do PCB layout. You will learn a lot of useful tips and tricks and you will work with a real board. The course videos are step-by-step. After you finish this course, you will have your own board which you can manufacture.
Get Learn to Design Boards Certificate
Every student who actively engage with the course activities will receive a personal Learn to Design Boards Certificate.
Click here to see the course certificate
Robert has designed several advanced processor boards, including Intel i7 and Intel ATOM motherboards.
THIS COURSE IS FOR: Beginners & Hobbyists. No previous Altium Designer knowledge required.
You will be practicing on a real microcontroller board
You will learn on 28Pins specially designed for this course
What will you learn?
- Starting a new project, Creating a schematic symbol library
- Drawing a schematic (includes tips for component selection and schematic improvement)
- Creating footprints
- Doing PCB layout (includes information about what’s important in 2 layer PCB design)
- Improving PCB layout
- Finishing PCB, Generating manufacturing outputs (these files can be send to a PCB manufacturer or assembly house)
- Programming a simple LED blinking example (when you build the board, here you will learn how to start working with it)
After you finish this course, you can build the board by yourself. For 1 piece, the PCB will cost around $15 USD and components around $35 USD.
Starting from 89 USD
10 Lessons. Each lesson has a tutoring video that is approximately one and half hour long (watch when it’s best for you) + activities for practicing.
Altium Designer license (you can possibly use Altium 30-day FREE trial or ask Altium for a FREE student license)
A computer that allows you to run Altium Designer.